Manchester turned out to celebrate a very special line up of individuals and organisations chosen for their unique contribution to the city. Awards were presented at the second This is Manchester Awards, hosted by Jenny Powell, to rising stars from the world of fashion, entertainment, sports, hospitality, technology, property, as well as those that have contributed to the betterment of the Greater Manchester community.
Manchester has a vibrant music scene, is a sports mecca the world over, capital for live events and a hotbed of creative talents. It’s safe to say that when it comes to ‘spirit and grit’ no one does it better than this big-hearted region. The inaugural This is Manchester Awards were created to celebrate the incredible talent Greater Manchester has at its heart, the best of the best!
This is Manchester Awards is the brainchild of Ziara Siddique, MD of Elite Profile Agency and proud lifelong Mancunian. Ziara said: “The team and I once again were totally blown away by this year’s entries. I’d like to pay special reference to all those amazing people and organisations making a difference in the community – they’re a real representation of what makes our Great Region & City so amazing.”
Alongside the shortlisted businesses, organisations, charities and individuals across varied industry categories, there were some special awards presented. Manchester born and bred tech entrepreneur, Louis-James Davis was awarded the Emerging Talent Award in recognition for championing the city on an international platform. The final accolade, the Supernova was passed on from John Roberts, founder of AO.com, to serial entrepreneur Fred Done, CEO of Betfred recognised for his charity work, specifically that which aims to support the young people of Greater Manchester. Fred most recently threw their weight behind the development of the country’s newest Youth Zone based in Gorton.
Monies raised were donated to the HideOut Youth Zone Manchester and Foodinate and Rochdale headquartered Footasylum PLC supported the awards as headline sponsor for the second year.
FULL LIST OF 2019 WINNERS
- Leading Formal Dining – Fazenda
- Leading Smart Casual Dining – TNQ Restaurant & Bar
- Leading Specialist Dining Experience – Bridgewater Cruises
- Leading Chef of the Year – Simon Wood, Wood Manchester
- Leading Bar of the Year – 20 Stories – D&D London
- Leading Hotel of The Year – The Edwardian Manchester, A Radisson Collection Hotel
- Leading Live Event – India Vs Pakistan ICC Cricket World Cup – Lancashire Cricket Ground
- Leading Live Event Venue of the Year – Manchester Central
- Leading Cultural Venue of the Year – The Met Bury
- Leading Digital / Tech Innovator – Godel Technologies
- Individual Making a Difference in the Community – Joe Gallagher
- Organisation Making a Difference in the Community – Foodinate
- Developer/ Construction Company of the Year – Kamani Property Group
- Emerging Talent Award – Louis-James Davis – VST Enterprises
- Leading Sporting Venue of the Year – Lancashire Cricket Club – Emirates Old Trafford
- Force for Fashion – Boohoo Group
- Supernova Award – Fred Done – CEO Betfred