FANTASTIC FUN FOR ALL THIS FEBRUARY HALF TERM AT SALFORD QUAYS
Take a trip to Salford Quays: the home of MediaCityUK this February half term! There is a whole host of activities and events taking place that are ideal for children of all ages, and grown-ups too!
Families will find some of the UK’s best half term events taking place atGreater Manchester’s contemporary waterfront destination, which is also home to some of the most spectacular attractions and iconic buildings in the UK. It’s one of the Northwest’s best cultural, sporting and leisure destinations; housed within one square mile, all of its attractions are within easy walking distance, making it the ideal location for a day out or weekend break with the family.
Keep the kids entertained this half term, with these not-to-be missed events and activities #QuayTips:
- Welcome wildlife into your garden this half term with Ordsall Hall’s Birdhouses and Bug Homes workshop on Monday 8th February and Wednesday 20th. Decorate a birdhouse or bug home to encourage garden friends to visit you! (10a – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm, £4, drop in no booking required). The grade II listed venue will also be hosting Tudor Playtime (Tuesday 19th February, 10am – 12pm, free, drop in) and Tudor Toiletries (Thursday 21st February, 10am – 12pm and 1pm – 3pm, £2, drop in) sessions for children to take part in and learn about the Tudor times! Find out how the Tudor children entertained themselves or how they kept themselves clean! Families can also get to know the grounds of the hall by purchasing one of the trails and joining the Museum Explorers! You will also receive a pack of colouring pencils and a sticker! (£2, available from Museum reception)
- Funny Looking Kids Presents Kids Comedy Club at Ordsall Hall. Salford’s first comedy club for kids crashes into Ordsall Hall with its usual jones, sketches, quizzes and mayhem!From the first sketch to the final joke competition, this club offers comedy for kids with an alternative twist. (age 7+, children must be accompanied by an adult, £5, booking required.)
- A performance for the whole family, Billionaire Boy at The Lowry is the hilarious new musical based on the best selling book by David Walliams. Whilst Mr Spud spends, spends, spends on fast cars, 100-inch TVs, and lavish gifts for his glamorous new girlfriend, Sapphire Stone, Joe is left to fend for himself. In the unforgiving world of the school playground, things are about to get more complicated as Joe navigates an assault course of school bullies and dangerously inedible canteen food. Can money really buy happiness?
- Twirly Woos Live! Is also set to hit the stage at The Lowry this February half term.Expect mischief, music and plenty of surprises as they share the delight of discovery. With beautifully inventive puppetry the show promises a cast full of all your favourite characters from the hit TV show.
- Treat the family to a lunch out at Lime Bar & Restaurant and make the most of their kids menu for just £6.50. Sure to be a crowd pleaser children can choose from a range of meals such as grandad sausages, crispy fish fillet and homemade popcorn chicken and also receive a soft drink and ice cream. Whats more, each child will also receive an activity bag.
- The Alchemist also has a menu specially designed for the kids, which includes a main and desert for just £5. The Alchemist is an eye-catching gold restaurant and bar in the middle of Salford Quays, featuring an outdoor terrace, which cantilevers out of the canal, and offers sweeping views of the water and surrounding area.
- The highly anticipated Lowry Outlet Makers Market will once again return with artisanal food, drink and crafts on Saturday 23rd February and Sunday 24th. The event will feature specially selected stalls, who source, grow, rear, bake, make, and create the products they sell, which ensures their goods are unique, original and designed to inspire.
With so much to see in just one day, take the opportunity to rest your head at one of the top-quality, yet affordable hotels in the area. The Copthorne Hotel Manchester has a Valentines offer on from the 14th February through to the 18th February with afternoon tea, dinner by the quays or an upgraded romantic package in the room for two.
Lime is also offering a Valentine’s Day Menu on Thursday 14th February from 4pm onwards with a special three course set menu and fizz on arrival for just £30pp. They will also be serving a Valentine’s cocktail all week from February 11th mixing vanilla vodka, passoa, lime juice, sugar syrup and prosecco. (£7)
For more information on these events, visit www.thequays.org.uk
Author : Emily Fitzgibbons
Editor at The Glossy Magazine | Journalist & Office Manager at Salutions Limited