Knutsford, Cheshire: The Flaming Gourmand is a new gourmet barbecue business set up by local entrepreneur Chris Martin catering for weddings, parties and corporate events.
Chris Martin was a regular 9-5 employee in the events industry until a sudden life-change meant he had to switch careers. He’d been in love with barbecuing since he was a young boy so here was his opportunity to turn his dreams to reality and make barbecues his business.
Catering for events large or small, the menus are inspired by flavours from around the world. Chris has developed his own set of equipment to create the Brazilian-style barbecuing known as Churrasco (Churrasco originated in the southern region of Brazil in the 1800s, originally the cuisine of gauchos – South American cowboys. Today, it is a way of life, and deeply ingrained in Brazilian culture).
Chris is passionate about the food he can create with a barbecue and wants to share this passion with his customers.
He said: “I’m a real foodie and a total barbecue geek. I’ve even been known to cook the Christmas turkey on the barbecue. The Flaming Gourmand is no ordinary barbecue and is a totally different way of catering for a party. The gorgeous smells that come off the barbecue really get your guests’ tastebuds going, so they can’t wait to get stuck in. The whole theatre of it is totally unique and creates an experience they won’t forget.”
- Catering for weddings, parties and corporate events.
- High quality, bespoke barbecue menus including vegetarian and vegan options.
- Unique Churrasco style cooking.
- A Gourmand is a person who likes to over-indulge in food.
- The barbecue set-up is all under a tent so rain is not a problem.
- Locally sourced meat from a Knutsford farm (The Lambing Shed).