On Thursday 27 July, LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester is bringing the magic of LEGO® and its attraction live to the stage at intu Trafford Centre, in what promises to be an unforgettable family day out!
Kicking off a summer of fun at LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester,the all-day LEGO® Ninjago™ themed extravaganza will feature live appearances from the centre’s Master Model Builder Alex – a LEGO® extraordinaire who can create ANYTHING from the iconic bricks.
LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester Live will kick off at 11am, with a series of Master Model Builder Workshops. Little Ninjas will have the chance to become masters of Spinjitzu, as they are tasked with building their very own unique LEGO®Fidget Spinner, in the ultimate LEGO® Ninjago™ challenge. Fidget Spinners are the latest must have toy for every kid, taking the world by storm, in what can only be described as a global phenomenon!
Fun for little-builders and big-builders alike, there will also be Parent & Child Competition too – families will be challenged to build a LEGO® Ninjago™ Dragon, for the chance to win family tickets to LEGOLAND® Discovery Centre Manchester. There will be lots of other opportunities to win at LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester Live, with themed photo sharing competitions taking place throughout the day.
Budding builders across the North West have been putting their LEGO® skills to the test over the last few weeks, to earn their place in the Final Build Heats where they will take part in a build-off, creating a LEGO®Ninjago™ Temple, with the hope of securing one of the 12 coveted spots in the official 2017 Creative Crew.
Winners of the Creative Crew challenge will receive membership for one year, which will guarantee access to special events and launches at LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester. The Creative Crew will also assist the Master Model Builder with other important roles at the centre, such as building and testing new models and reporting on what’s new and coming up to fellow fans. Plus there will be regular creative build sessions, from the master himself, with hands-on tuition and insider tips on how to create their very own incredible models. And there’s still time to enter:
LEGO® fanatics and talented builders should simply undertake these Creative Crew Challenges, with the hope of securing a place in this legendary crew:
- Like on Facebook at Facebook/ldcmanchester
- Build your best LEGO®creation and share a picture or video, using the hashtag #LDCCreativeCrew
- In three sentences, explain why you want to become a Creative Crew member! Don’t forget to state your name and age too.
Fans can sign up for the any of the three LEGO®Fidget Spinner Workshops or the parent & Child Competition on the day:
LEGOLAND®Discovery Centre Manchester Live Timings:
- 11.00am -11.30am: Master Model Builder Workshop for little LEGO fans – Fidget Spinner for Spingitzu Masters
- 11.40am – 12.10am: Master Model Builder Workshop for little LEGO– Fidget Spinner for Spingitzu Masters
- 12.20pm – 12.50pm: Master Model Builder Workshop for little LEGO fans– Fidget Spinner for Spingitzu Masters
- 1pm – 1.30pm: Creative Crew Final Build Heats (age 5-8), Ninjago Temple build (shortlisted finalists)
- 2pm – 2.30pm: Creative Crew Final Build Heats (age 9-12), Ninjago Temple build (shortlisted finalists).
- 3pm – Ceremony (Winners Announcement – 12 Creative Crew members revealed)
- 3.20pm-3.50pmParent & Child Competition – Build a Ninjago Dragon (Family Complimentary tickets to win)
Families planning their next visit should book online, to guarantee entry and for the best price around, with prices start from just £11 per child and £15 per adult when purchased in advance online.
For more information and to buy tickets, please visit www.legolanddiscoverycentre.co.uk/manchester and for regular news, fun LEGO®ideas and fantastic competitions join us on Facebook/ldcmanchester and Twitter @ldcManchester